Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day Thirteen

I am sad to say that today was my last day at the Loveland Reporter Herald. I started out my day by bringing in donuts to the office and saying my thanks and farewells to all my co-workers. After this I went out to take pictures of an Elementary School PE class that is doing a Nationwide challenge called Schools on the Move. This was a fun thing to start out the day, and I have noticed I have had lots of success taking pictures of kids. After this I had lunch with Jenny and Jeff to say thanks for everything they have done for me in the past couple of weeks. Immediately after we got back from lunch we were called out to an incident that involved the SWAT Team. We had no idea what the incident was, but we grabbed our cameras and drove out to the site. Apparently there was a high stakes warrant for a man who was resisting arrest and made a comment about holding a woman hostage. Although this was untrue, many teams came in to the East Loveland neighborhood. It was incredible to see at least 75 men on one scene with guns and snipers! Exciting last day! As my last assignment I went out with a reporter, Craig, to take pictures of a restaurant that burned down on St. Patricks Day. I have had such an incredible experience here at my internship and have loved every minute working here. I am sad to be leaving, but have taken away so many valuable lessons and skills. What a wonderful journey! Here are some pictures of my last day, some of which will hopefully be in tomorrow's paper.






No comments:

Post a Comment