Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day Nine

To start off my day, I went to an event honoring individual and community support for McKee Medical Center. There, I took pictures of the award recipient who won the McKee Community Health Award. It was interesting to listen to all the people who had been effected by McKee, and all the support that the community had for this program. After this I went and shot pictures of a canine at the Loveland Police Department that is the first dog in northern Colorado to be train according to Ammendment 64.  I sat in on the training of the dog, Shadow, and watched some of the techniques the policemen use to make their dogs ready to go out into the feild. They have trained Shadow to attack people of potential harm, sniff out items that carry a specific human scent, and of course had trained her to be very obediant. After this I went straight to Berthoud High School to photograph the Robotics Team who will be attending the VEX World Championships in late April. Students showed me all the functions that the robot could do, and I took pictures of them interacting with their machine. It was an extremely busy day! I will upload some pictures of the dog shadow tomorrow, but for now, here are the pictures that will be published in tomorrow's paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment