Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day Twelve


As my internship is coming to a close, I am still met with a busy day. I started out by doing some studio work photographing eggs. Yes, it was a rather odd assignment, but it was fitting for Easter approaching soon. People have been bringing in their intricately designed Easter eggs to the Herald for us to photograph and be featured in an Easter special. Although this was not a typical thing to photograph, it was still fun to play with lighting, different lenses, and settings to create different effects on the eggs. It was similar to commercial photography, because the goal was to highlight the product's features and make it look good. After this, I went out to photograph an after-school tutoring program at Conrad Ball Middle School. Here, I was taking pictures of students interacting with one another and with their teachers. Surprisingly, I was able to help students on their math homework too! This was a fairly short shoot, so after this I went to a high school soccer game. At the game I was able to take pictures with a 400 mm lens, which is the mother of all lenses. It weighs around 20 lbs. and is the size of my head. This was fun to shoot with because you can be standing from a long distance, and capture up-close photos with great quality. I switched off from this lens to a 200 mm which was a little less hard to handle. I am sad to say that tomorrow will be my last day, so I hope to make the best of it! Here are some photos from today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment