Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day Seven


This morning started with an assignment that included taking pictures of the Volunteer of America Awards. After we were done shooting, we came back to the office to sort and edit pictures. I have learned the process of editing and uploading photos to the server, so that pictures are available to the editors to put up online or to be printed in the newspaper. After this shoot I went to another where I took pictures of head-start preschoolers which is going to be effected by sequestration and general government cuts. I am shooting something that appears to be more human to go along with a somewhat dry subject, which is a huge part of photojournalism. It is important to draw readers in through visual effects. I have been loving working here because I've been able to rekindle my passion for photography, and recognize that I have potential in this field.

No comments:

Post a Comment