Monday, March 11, 2013

Day Six

I have learned that part of photojournalism, and working for a newspaper, there is not always going to be assignments. Because there is not always assignments, you have to take pictures of whatever you can find that could be newsworthy. I have found a lot of difficulty in finding things to take pictures of when you have to search for it, and a lot of times it will be a hit or miss. Today I spent several hours looking for people doing something that could be worthy of making it into the paper. I found two little girls enjoying the warm weather and decided to take pictures of them, which resulted in a decent picture that may be in the paper tomorrow as a standalone. I also took pictures this morning of students presenting to a panel of teachers and community members about rabies... That was interesting. Not an extremely exciting day, but I am still learning some very valuable lessons and skills in photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment