Monday, March 18, 2013

Day Ten & Eleven

  On Friday I worked a half day due to personal reasons, so I only had one assignment in the morning. I went out with a reporter, Jessica, to take pictures of the Harrington Arts Academy. Here, I met the owner of the academy, Brandon, who started a drama program along with dance, singing, and crafts 2 years ago. His program was incredible, because through the arts he has been able to tie in moral values and ethics for his students. I was impressed at all the work Brandon has done to create such an impactful program that allows students to thrive in the arts. On Monday, today, I started out the day by gathering all the newspapers that my pictures have been featured in for my portfolio and laying out my final project. After this, I went out with Jessica to a traveling art gallery that is taking place in Loveland. It is raising awareness of kids in Colorado awaiting adoption. Professional photographers have been doing photo-shoots with kids looking for adoption, and then Heart Gallery hosts exhibits of the kid's pictures to urge people to adopt. It was a really interesting and clever concept. After getting back to the office I edited and submitted pictures to be printed tomorrow or Wednesday.
Below you will see a picture from Thursday of the canine training, the Heart Gallery, and a picture from the Harrington Arts Academy.




No comments:

Post a Comment